"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

Monday, June 15, 2009

Sending out an SOS

Well, now we're 2 weeks to go until our closing date and things are beyond crazy around here. We had a nice, but hectic weekend with Chris and stayed so busy that Sunday afternoon came around way too quickly!

We finalized our apartment, got some pool time in, Claire decided not to nap all day (or really eat much for that matter). So since we were having such a great day (sarcasm) we went out to dinner. The meal was ok, the ice cream was much better, but then she tripped on a marble floor and busted her upper lip....thank goodness no ER trip was necessary (although if he had been alone with her, I'm sure daddy would have insisted). After cleaning up the blood, checking to make sure all of her teeth were still there, a warm bath and some cuddles, she finally drifted off to sleep and we were all thankful that day was over.

None of us wanted to say goodbye on Sunday, so that made for a tough evening all around. Chris had a lonely, long 6 hour drive with traffic and Claire and I were sad, tired and wishing daddy was still here.

After bedtime is when I get to go full force around the house and attempt to tackle one of my million to do lists. I've completed several things that I really wanted to get done, but seem to keep finding things as I go. It's hard to tell what we'll end up with at the apartment, but hopefully it will all come together.

We have wonderful friends who have really stepped up to help; offering babysitting, meals, hands to pack, trucks to carry our stuff to the apartment and more. Over these next 2 weeks we will get more help than we can ever repay and are so thankful to each of these special friends in our lives. It will be those friendships that we will hate to leave, but know they will always hold a special place in our hearts!

I am finally getting a break on Thursday for a much needed mommy night out. A group of about 15 of us are renting a hummer limo and heading out for a fun filled night on the town, including a Sugarland and Keith Urban concert. I am so excited and can't wait for the stress free, adult time, and am so thankful that Claire will be safe and happy with her Aunt Darci.

I have some pictures from the last few days that I promise to get up when I get some free time. Lots of pool pictures and some very funny & messy ice cream ones.

No comments: