"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

Monday, September 14, 2009

One Remarkable Woman













A month ago today we celebrated the life of one special and remarkable woman. My grandma touched the lives of so many, had lots of wonderful friends, and left behind a family who loved her dearly.

It's taken me a while to write anything about the events of last month, but Chris & I were looking at some pictures on the computer last night and randomly it switched over to another folder from Thanksgiving 2007. I thought that was my sign to sit down and get some thoughts and feelings out. We also went to church yesterday (we're starting to "church shop" in Knoxville) and it made me realize how many pent up emotions are still swirling around inside.

There are truly no words to use to describe the relationship my grandma and I had and the feelings that I had for her. She was someone who has always been a part of my story; she was there through the happiest times and there during some of the worst days of my life. She was there through every holiday, birthday, school event, school dances, graduations, college, my wedding and the even on the best day of my life, when Claire was born. I have so many memories that have been overwhelming me for the last month that it's unbelievable. I am trying so hard to hang on to each one, laugh or cry about it and remember it forever.

I am so thankful that she was able to meet Claire and be a part of her life for almost a year and a half. She always wanted to see her, hug her, talk to her and know how she was doing. She said every time I talked to her (and I believe it beyond a shadow of a doubt) that Claire was her "joy" and that I will NEVER forget. I have vowed to myself to teach and help Claire know all the wonderful things about her great grandma Pete and for her to help me keep her memory alive.

I apologize for all the tears, but this special woman deserved a blog entry all of her own! Hope you enjoyed some of my favorite pictures from the last few years.

No comments: